Getting Started - Start Here!
The keys to winning your league are:
- Preparing for your draft
- Winning your draft
- In-season management
Fantasy Football Calculator will help you at each step of the way.
Preparing For Your Draft
People who are well-prepared for their draft do the best. Luckily, Fantasy Football Calculator gives you the world’s best draft preparation tools at your disposal.
On draft day, you need to know:
- What your own custom rankings are. Pick your sleepers and figure out who you think is overrated.
- What average player value is and where they are being drafted
- What your draft strategy should be, and how it should adjust based on how other people draft.
Here is step-by-step guide to using Fantasy Football Calculator to prepare for your draft:
1. Try a mock draft (or two or ten or 100). Participate in some mock drafts to get a sense of how other people are drafting and what rounds players are being drafted in. It’s free, fast, and fun, so dive right in! Also, you can chat with other people to get their opinion on the draft and individual players.
2. Set your custom rankings. Once you start forming your own opinion of player’s value this year, start setting up your own Personalized Rankings on the My Rankings page on FFC.
3. Set your keepers (Optional). If you are in a keeper league, you can set up your keepers once in FFC and have them used in the draft applications throughout the site. Configure your keepers in the My Keepers page.
4. Simulate drafts. Once you have your own rankings and a feel for where others are drafting, it’s time to fine tune your draft strategies. Fire up the Draft Simulator and complete a draft against the computer in just a few minutes. Try out RB/RB/RB, then WR/TE/QB to see how your draft plays out. There’s no risk. You can’t embarrass yourself in front of the computer. Full support for keeper drafts in the simulator helps you prepare for that draft format also.
5. Play with draft scenarios. If you’re testing draft strategies and want to know what the likelihood of a player falling to a certain spot is, check it out in the Scenario Calculator. It’s a simple tool to show you the probability that any player will fall to any draft spot. Great for ad-hoc draft strategy analysis.
6. Monitor average draft position. Just because a player is being drafted in the 3rd round today doesn’t mean he’ll be drafted there when it’s time for your draft. Training camp injuries and promotions/demotions happen all the time, and you have to stay on top of it. The Average Draft Position (ADP) page helps you do just that by showing average draft position data updated every single day. There are also trend graphs to show who is rising and falling.
Winning Your Draft
Your draft accounts for 50% or more of your success in your fantasy league.
Your draft needs to leave you with:
- A good mix of proven studs and high upside sleepers
- Somewhat balanced across all roster positions with adequate depth
- Value that could be used in trades later in the season
Based on your preferences you have a few ways to use Fantasy Football Calculator to win your draft:
Printable Cheatsheet: If you are a pencil & paper type of person, or your draft is off-line, use the Cheatsheets to generate a printable one-page PDF that is customized for you.
Draft Tracker: The Draft Tracker is a full-featured application that let’s you track your draft and visualize positional runs and see who is your best player left to draft. The Draft Tracker has support for:
- Custom rankings
- Undo draft picks
- Track each team’s picks individually
Good in-season management is achieved through attention to injuries and solid projections.
Fantasy Football Calculator gives you an easy to use interface for managing your fantasy teams and viewing their projections quickly. This makes it easy to compare to other players so that you can make add/drop and start/sit decisions quickly.
The Rankings can be used for checking the rankings of all players, or just your own team.
If you set up your team on the My Teams page first, your roster will be loaded into the Rankings page for quick and easy in-season analysis and projections.